|How to create an image thumbnail duri...
|Request new recommendation
by Sabbir Hossen - 9 years ago (2015-03-03)
How to create an image thumbnail during upload a pdf file? I am uploading a pdf file and at the time of upload i want to create a thumbnail of the first page, and also want to save the file name into the database. I try with some code but couldn't get success.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 9 years ago (2015-03-04) Reply
Do you want to create the thumbnail before or after the file is uploaded to the server?
2. by Sabbir Hossen - 9 years ago (2015-03-04) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
I want to create after successfully upload the pdf file. Thanks.
3. by Sabbir Hossen - 9 years ago (2015-03-04) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Also there are no problem if I create the thumbnail before upload which I think
This class can convert PDF documents to images. This way you can extract images of any page of a PDF document.
It requires the GhostScript program to be installed because it is the program that renders PDF pages as images.
If you need a solution that does not require GhostScript, just say so, so this request can become featured, as there is no other package that can do that for now, so maybe somebody can submit an alternative solution.
1. by Sabbir Hossen - 8 years ago (2015-03-05) Reply
Can i ask how to integrate ghostscript in website. I have download a file from ghostscript and it was an .exe file. So how can i use this on my web... ?
2. by Manuel Lemos - 8 years ago (2016-02-15) in reply to comment 1 by Sabbir Hossen Reply
GhostScript is an application that exists for Linux, Windows and other platforms. If your hosting is under Linux, you need to install the Linux version. You may need to have at least a VPS server to be able to install applications if your hosting company does not provide them.